Tuesday 11 July 2017

White Lies
by
Ellie Holmes

Guest Review
by
Julie Williams



My very good friend and reading pal Julie Williams is very kindly reviewing more books than I can at the moment as I am currently undergoing an Apprenticeship for Business & Administration for my job. Hopefully by September I should be able to get back to normal and read more than I am doing at the moment!! Until then, I have another review from Julie for you......Enjoy xx


Review of White Lies by Julie Williams

This is my second book that I have read by this author and it is just as enjoyable. 

Sam and Neil Davenport are married with two children but their marriage is already strained and not helped when one night while driving home from Neil’s birthday celebrations a crash between their car and a motorbike just adds to their marital problems. The accident of course has consequences which both Sam and Neil must accept.

I can’t say that I warmed to any of the main characters but that’s not to say that I didn’t enjoy reading about them, I just found myself getting irritated especially with Sam whom I found particularly weak when it came to men. She has been let down all her life by all male role models including her Father, previous boyfriends and her husband, but I still found her a bit of a ‘door mat’. She continually let herself be manipulated and controlled by both her husband Neil and the motorcyclist David. Their deceit and obsession with Sam seemed relentless at times. The only nice adult male is Connor who fortunately offered wisdom when needed.

There are certainly plenty of lies in this book which makes the title apt. Thanks to Ellie for the ARC in return for my honest review.

I give this book 4 stars ****


You can order a copy of White Lies here

No comments:

Post a Comment