Thursday 15 September 2016

The Cake Shop in the Garden
by
Carole Matthews



I Know it's very late in the day and I can only apologise for leaving it so long, but here is my review for The Cake Shop in the Garden by Carole Matthews.



Review

Please don’t ask me why it has taken me so long to read this book as I simply don’t know the answer!! Everyone I know has read it so it was one of the books I chose to take on holiday with me this year and boy was it worth waiting for!

Fay Merryweather is the main carer for her mother who is bedridden (through her own choice!) whilst running a cake shop from her garden and narrow boat which belonged to her beloved Dad. Lija is Fay’s helper in the cake shop and her grasp of the English language leaves a lot to be desired! In fact, she is a fantastic character and had me belly laughing with her antics!

When a narrow boat pulls up alongside hers, Fay is interested to see who it belongs to and out pops Danny Wilde. Fay starts to feel things she has never felt before and she is not sure how to deal with it!!

When tragedy strikes Fay’s life is turned upside down and she is left to deal with some very tough decisions. Is blood thicker than water? And if so, will there be a happy ever after for the girl who only ever wanted to be loved?

This is a fabulous story of family life, jealousy, selfishness and love. There are some very funny bits in this book (as usual in Carole Matthew’s books), but also some serious parts about families and how jealousy can tear a family apart.

I loved this book and hear on the grapevine that there will be a sequel. If so, I cannot wait for it and will definitely not be leaving it as long to read that!!


Thank you Carole for another super novel. They just seem to be getting better and better.




Below are some photos from the book launch which was held in Russell Square last year.


             Me and Carole                                      Even her Majesty came!


                                      Some of the gorgeous cup cakes





To order a copy of this book click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment