Sunday 11 September 2016

Blood Symmetry
by
Kate Rhodes

I have made it very clear to anybody who will listen, that I am a HUGE Kate Rhodes fan and if i'm ever asked who my favourite authors are, Kate is right up there!

When I was sent a copy of Kate Rhode's previous book in the Alice Quentin series, River of Souls, to find that I was mentioned in the acknowledgements was the absolute highlight of my blogging life! but to then find out that I had been mentioned in this book as well, is like a dream come true! Thank you Kate Rhodes, you are a fantastic author. I'm sorry that I stalk you on Twitter to keep asking when the next Alice book is due, but they are fabulous and keep em coming!!

I was very lucky that Kate sent me a copy of Blood Symmetry before I went on holiday, so off I went to Turkey with this book in my hand luggage and was nearly half way through it before I fell on to a sunbed!!

My review is below and I hope I have done this book justice and the series in general. They are all absolutely brilliant and keep me in suspense until the very last page!





Clare Riordan and her son Mikey are abducted from Clapham Common early one morning. Hours later, the boy is found wandering disorientated. Soon after, a pack of Clare's blood is left on a doorstep in the heart of the City of London.
Alice Quentin is brought in to help the traumatised child uncover his memories - which might lead them to his mother's captors. But she swiftly realises Clare is not the first victim... nor will she be the last.
The killers are driven by a desire for revenge... and in the end, it will all come down to blood.


Review

This is book 5 in the Alice Quentin series and I am so proud to say that again, I have been mentioned in the acknowledgements by the author. A lot of you may know I am a huge fan of Kate Rhodes’ books and I get very excited when a new one is due out!

As with last year, I was sent a copy of the book by the author just before I went on holiday, so it was my first read and I managed to get nearly half way through just on the plane!!

Clare Riordan and her son Mikey are abducted whilst out jogging on Clapham Common, but Mikey manages to escape and gets to a safe place. It is then Alice Quentin’s job to try and calm the boy down enough to get some vital information out of him so that the police can try and save his mother, before it’s too late.

Clare worked for NHS in Haematology field and as more people in the same line of work go missing, it is up to Alice to put the pieces together to try and find out the connection in time…….

What I loved about this (and the author’s other books), is that they are mainly set in South East London and as I come from round those parts, it makes it even more real for me as I know the street names well! Even where Mikey was picked up from when he managed to escape from his abductors was in Walworth and that’s where I was born!

This is such a clever, twisting story and a more personal one for the author (when you read the end), but nevertheless, it was still a fantastic story line and combines all the characters nicely. I am in such awe of how authors produce such intricate story lines that tie up in the end and this book is no exception. A wonderful piece of writing, as always, by Kate Rhodes and as usual, I can’t wait for the next one!

A real page turner if ever there was one! Thank you once again for writing such a beautiful piece of fiction that I will pass on to whoever will listen to me!!



To order a copy of this book click here

No comments:

Post a Comment