Thursday 13 July 2017

I Know my Name
by
C J Cooke

Guest Review 
by
Julie Williams




Guest Review by Julie Williams

I thoroughly enjoyed this rather intense book which is the story of a Mum Eloise whose disappearance is surrounded by mystery. 

At first I asked myself how can a Mum of two young children, Cressida still a baby, just walk out on them, but as the tale unfolds I began to understand that it stems from the horrendous abuse Eloise was subjected to as a child and thus the complexity & trauma of it has impacted on her mental health. Therefore she honestly believes that it is in the children’s best interest for her to leave, what a decision to make!

This book is set in two locations Twickenham, London, the family home and Kommeno Island Greece. 

A whole can of worms is released when Eloise vanishes and her husband, Mother and Father have to face the horrific events of her past and some secrets that are closer to home while trying to find her and look after the children. 

I read most of this book holding my breath willing Eloise to remember just who she is and where she belongs. 

This novel is a must for fans of psychological thrillers and I wouldn’t hesitate in reading more from this author in the future.

To order a copy of I Know my Name click here


No comments:

Post a Comment