Friday 18 March 2016

Books and The City Spring Blogger Evening



On Wednesday I was very lucky enough to attend my very first Spring Blogger Evening hosted by the lovely Sara-Jade and her equally lovely colleagues at Books and The City headquarters in London.

After making a detour (I don't usually get lost, but there's always a first time!!), I still made it in plenty of time for a welcoming reception of drinks and nibbles whilst we waited for the authors of the evening to arrive.

We were treated to chapters from authors Penny Parkes, Paige Toon, Holly Hepburn and Juliet Ashton and were given copies of all of their latest books!


I don't normally ask questions as I find it quite difficult to stand up in a crowd, but I even surprised myself as I put my hand up at question time (even though I was sitting at the back!) as I wanted to ask Penny Parkes about her new book Out of Practice, which is set in and around a Cotswolds GP Practice. I work as a Medical Secretary in a GP surgery, so was very interested to ask the author if she had to do any research in a surgery and if so, were there any dishy GPs like the character Dr Dan!!

We were then led back into a room for lots of fizz and cup cakes and a chance to catch up with other bloggers and some new ones!



We had the opportunity to get our books signed and were also treated to a goodie bag and some lovely books to take home with us. I did look a bit like a bag lady on the tube home trying to carry all my books!! 



Thank you so much to Sara-Jade for the invitation, I had a fabulous evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment