Thursday 22 August 2019

The Liberty Girls
by
Fiona Ford




I read Christmas at Liberty's at the end of last year and I loved it so much that I couldn't wait until the next instalment came out so that I could find out more about the girls who work on the shop floor of one of London's most famous department stores during the second world war.
This is one of my holiday reads from last month and I loved it so much, it only took me a couple of days to read it!




Review


This book mainly focuses on Alice Milwood who is married to a soldier but he is missing in action and she  has no idea whether he is dead or alive. Alice is left to bring up her young son on her own whilst trying to hold down her job at Liberty's.

Of course, things don't run smoothly when Alice goes back to work and she has a new supervisor by the name of Beatrice Claremount, who is certainly not going to give her an easy ride.

Alice has the help of her dearest friends Rose, who is still coming to terms with being blinded after drinking illegal hooch, Mary and landlady Dot, who are all around to help her bring up her little boy, whilst Alice is hoping against hope that her dear husband will be brought back to her safe and sound.

These characters are certainly getting under my skin and I really cannot wait until the next book arrives as I am enjoying reading this series so much and would encourage anyone who is remotely interested in WWII/family sagas, to give these books a read.

The author certainly did her research as the attention to detail in this book is second to none.

Thank you to the lovely author Fiona Ford, who has been so very supportive to me over the past six months, often sending lovely messages of comfort and support during a very difficult time for me and for that, I am truly grateful.

To order a copy of The Liberty Girls on Amazon click here


 











1 comment: