Tuesday 18 September 2018

The Fake Date
by
Lynda Stacey


It's publication day and I would like to thank the Author, Lynda Stacey, so much for asking me to review The Fake Date. I have hosted Lynda a few times now on Boon's Bookcase and she is always so lovely and so when she contacted me to ask me to review her latest book, I jumped at the chance! Please find my review of this great thriller below. Thanks again to Lynda for sending me a copy of The Fake Date for review.




Nine hours and eleven minutes …

That’s how long it’s been since Ella Hope was beaten to within an inch of life and left for dead.
She lies, unable to move and praying for somebody to find her, as she counts down the minutes and wonders who could have hated her so much to have hurt her so badly.
Was it the man she went on a date with the previous evening, the man linked to the deaths of two other women? Or somebody else, somebody who wants her out of the picture so much they’re willing to kill?
Whoever it is, they will pay. All Ella has to do first is survive …







Review
Ella Hope has been beaten so badly and left for dead after a date and she is just looking at her watch waiting for either someone to find her or for death to arrive. The opening chapter in this book is amazing and so detailed, that I found myself holding my breath with anticipation of someone finding Ella before it’s too late!

All Ella wanted to do was find a good story for the newspaper she worked for as a reporter, but as she can’t remember much about the date before she was attacked, will she be able to bring the attacker to justice?

Rick is standing trial for the brutal attack of Ella and is strongly defending his innocence. Can Ella remember enough of that night to put him behind bars, or is she clutching at straws and convincing herself he did it?

This is a great psychological thriller and one where I thought I knew what was going on and then the plot thickens and I started doubting myself! 

I would thoroughly recommend this book as it certainly keeps you on your toes from start to finish!

Thank you to the author for sending me a copy for review.




No comments:

Post a Comment