Tuesday 28 March 2017

Sometimes I Lie
by
Alice Feeney

Guest Review 
by
Julie Williams



Review


My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me:

1. I’m in a coma

2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore

3. Sometimes I lie


This great debut psychological thriller by Alice Feeney had me gripped from the start, which I love. There are so many twists that I was kept completely captivated throughout.

The story begins with Amber Reynolds in hospital, in a coma, unable to move, yet she can hear what’s going on around her, how terrifying that must be! Then there are chapters of events in the week leading up to the accident and interwoven childhood diary entries. 

As a comatose Amber lies in hospital I couldn’t decide who was telling the truth, who was being deceitful and who to trust. I completed this book in little over a day as I found myself picking it up at every opportunity, I have so many questions whirling around my head that I was desperate to have answers to.

I will certainly be looking out for further books by Alice and suggest that this is a must read for fans of this genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment