Thursday 13 October 2022

 On the First Day of Christmas

by

Faith Hogan

Review 

by

Julie Williams


And I'm also delighted to say happy publication day to Faith Hogan for her new novel On the First Day of Christmas and thank you again to the lovely Julie Williams for reviewing!


Review

This Christmas story is a little confusing at first but all comes together and makes sense when I realised that it is two versions of one tale. 

Set in Dublin, an Accident & Emergency nurse Liz, still in the throes of grief after the death of her twin sister, experiences a near death event herself as she leaves the hospital after her shift. This event changes her life as this story continues in two different ways. 

It reminded me of the film Sliding Doors and required me to give my full concentration.

It wasn't a happy, heart-warming festive read that I am used to reading, so for me it did not fill me with Christmas spirit! However, it will not put me off reading this authors books in the future.

My thanks to NetGalley and Head of Zeus for the ARC of On The First Day of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment