Saturday 27 June 2015

#bookshopcrawl 2015


Today my very good friend Julie and I went to The Riverside Bookshop in Hays Galleria, London Bridge to take part in #bookshopcrawl #IBW2015 as this was our nearest Independent Bookshop. I bought two books, Naming Jack The Ripper by Russell Edwards for my husband as we are both very much into Victorian crime and are fascinated (if that's the right word) by Jack The Ripper! and The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon for my son, who is a big fan. 


It was lovely catching up with my friend Julie again as we had a good old catch up about the books we have read recently but to be honest, I wasn't at all impressed with this particular bookshop as the poor staff didn't have a clue what I was going on about when I mentioned this years book crawl! and so there were no goody bags or anything remotely to do with #IBW2015. In an age when the e-reader is dominating the sales of books you would think that independent bookshops would do everything they could to promote themselves!! I know that buying e-books, books from charity shops and online can be cheaper, but there's something about rummaging around a good old fashioned bookshop! I'm sorry to say, but next year I will be looking for somewhere that is promoting this event better! 

We did manage to drown our sorrows with a couple of cheeky drinks and lunch by the river, so it wasn't all doom and gloom!!



No comments:

Post a Comment