Sunday 1 February 2015

'The Christmas Party' by Carole Matthews ***



I always look forward so much to reading the latest Carole Matthews book as I have been a fan for a few years now and do love a good Christmas book! but I don't know whether I lost my mojo a bit over Christmas but I found it really hard going to get engrossed in this book. Caroles' books have always had me laughing out loud, but her last couple of books have not been like that. To be honest, I had to keep reminding myself that I was actually reading one of her books! 

I liked the characters in this book and could imagine it being a film for tv and being very funny, but the jokes just weren't there. I do feel bad giving it 3 stars and think it should probably be deserving of 3 and a half, and towards the end it got much better.

Will definitely be reading Caroles' next book, but please bring back your lovely humour that I love you for!!
The Christmas Party by Carole Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment